The most important rawmaterials for starch processing are corn and wheat, others like potatos,
tapioca or cassava are less important or are not available everywhere and around the year.
The business chain.
100 up to 10.000 t grain per day
and other products
Chemical & Indutrial Binders
To run the starch business successful following is needed:
A Market not to far away (at least the same continent).
Access to rawmaterial with a good logistic supply chain (bulk transportation).
A good and reliable production unit.
Because the market and the access to the rawmaterial is for all competitors more or less the same,
the production unit is making the difference to your competitors.
Following elements are important for a competitive production unit:
1. Capitel investment, invest what is needed and not nice to have..
2. Make unit sizes as big as the market can absorb, due to the economy of scale
3. Quality products, at least standart quality or better.
4. Energy efficiency, lowest energy consumption.
5. Yield and yield split, in order to get a maximum of high value products.
6. Environment, almost zero water and air (dust,odor) pollution.
7. Manpower, minimum staff, but highly qualified and motivated.
To achieve the above targets, a continously effort is needed to stay
sucessful in the market or in case of establishing a new business to do
the right decisions.
If You need any support, either for new projects or for optimizing an existing
plant You can get help and new ideas from: